The brief introduction of myself
For almost 12 years now Joseph Sloan, has assisted with the customer experience, customer lifecycle, market research, customer retention, analysis and operations at the Apollo Education Group via Western International University and the University of Phoenix. Supporting over 1 million customers globally, he has successfully enhanced the customer experience through the strategic evaluation of industry research, creation of system/technology interventions and the formation of business units that positively impact customer satisfaction, customer retention and revenue growth.
Board Affiliations & Memberships
- West Valley Child Crisis Center (Board Member)
Partnering with Child Protective Services and the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (Member)
Committed to enhancing human well-being and organizational performance through the science of industrial/organizational psychology.
- Corporate Executive Board Company (Member)
Committed to assessing key performance trends, navigating leadership changes and building teams through talent management and performance planning
- Bersin by Deloitte (Member)
Empowering leaders through research-based industry insights, tools and consulting services to help drive performance.
CORE COMPETENCY PROFILE
Skills and Expertise
CORE COMPETENCY PROFILE
Skills and Expertise
Accomplished operations leader with 10+ years experience enhancing organizational culture, customer satisfaction rates, retention rates, growth planning, industry research methods, financial planning/analysis and the continuous improvement of services, internal processes, system integrations, technology enhancements and customer service methods.
- Assisted Senior Vice President with management of a $8MM-$10MM budget, P&L, financial planning/analysis and forecasts.
- Launched suite of customer support services to over 1 million global customers online and across 100+ site locations.
- Managed division-wide strategy map with emphasis on quarterly objectives, milestone achievements, KPI’s, finances and risks.
- Improved customer show rates by 10% in the first 12 months resulting in YOY improved revenue growth.
- Chair of Operational Leadership Committee responsible for tracking, managing and prioritizing customer-facing projects, system integrations, system enhancements and new on-site and online service roll outs.
- Increased online customer web portal usage by 50% as appointed site administrator responsible for customer communications, system enhancements, system integrations, online content and assessment processes.
- Managed customer service analytics and reporting to include customer support call in volumes, web analytics, emailed customer communication click and open rates, online services usage metrics and internal/external knowledgebase usage metrics.
- Worked on a project team that analyzed market research data to determine feasibility of new (K-12) business segment.
- Standardized customer service methods, internal processes and policies to accommodate for (K-12) segment, resulting in 4000+ new students and YOY growth.
- Extended new online services into (6) new territories while providing best in class customer support services, effective lead management/routing techniques and successful prospecting methods.
- Responsible for growth and development of client base through sales, operations, call center staff and credit union partnerships.
- Successfully grew business-to-business sales team by 200% with net revenue growth of 30% in first 12 months.
- Management of inside sales telemarketing teams responsible for target marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Managed contract review and underwriting for a team of 50+ sales representatives across (6) satellite office locations.
- Responsible for sales commission calculations and processing of all contracts nationally with emphasis on risk assessment.
- Assisted with strategic planning and operations support during merger and acquisition of a competitor business.
- In addition to the University learning goals, the MBA program prepares students to do the following:
- Recognize and solve problems systematically to make better business decisions.
- Manage, develop, and motivate personnel to meet changing organizational needs.
- Discover how diversity and values strengthen working relationships and contribute to effective problem solving.
- Leverage technology in a global environment to create sustainable competitive advantage.
- Evaluate risks and develop plans to lessen or eliminate their impact.
- Develop awareness of one's own personal values and how they affect business decision making.
- Assess whether an organization's plans and actions are aligned to meet its values.
- Integrate knowledge and reach decisions with incomplete or limited information.
- Understand a broad range of theoretical and practical applications in business.
Information technology (IT) workers can be found in many types of organizations. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, "In the modern workplace, it is imperative that Information Technology (IT) works both effectively and reliably."1 IT is an academic discipline that continues to evolve as computers and communication technology change.
One area of information technology is Computer Network Systems, which involves systems such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets and other data communications systems. People who understand networking can connect users in different locations and help maintain the flow of information. This could involve identifying, installing, configuring and troubleshooting systems that use various software and hardware to interconnect different systems and platforms into one common data-sharing infrastructure.
Achievement and Growth
behavioral and personality assessments
Of the 34 themes measured, these are your "top five." Signature Themes are very important in maximizing the talents that lead to successes. By focusing on an individuals Signature Themes, separately and in combination, you can identify their talents. Strategic The Strategic theme enables you to sort through the clutter and find the best route. It is not a skill that
Gallup's Strength Finder Signature ThemesThe results of the Predictive Index® survey should always be reviewed by a trained Predictive Index analyst. The PI® report provides you with a brief overview of the results of the Predictive Index® and prompts you to consider many aspects of the results not contained in the overview. If you have not yet attended the Predictive Index Management Workshop™, please Predictive Index Results Summary